Tuesday, October 5, 2010

That's What I'm Talking About (TWITA) #1

In addition to my own rants and raves, I would like to occasionally present stories of people who are actually doing something to make the world a better place.

I have a whole series I need to share with you, including a surprise volunteer and a twice-inspiring friend, but I would like to start with a story of a family that I absolutely love.

This is the story of a mom (home business, home schooler, great wit), a dad (an officer in the military and an all around great guy - seriously, if you don't like him after meeting him, I probably don't want to hang out with you), and three kids.

This family decided to take the words of Jesus seriously; they've adopted a young man from halfway around the globe.

Go here and read, and then come back for follow up thoughts.

I'll wait.





Good?

Did you get the part at the end, where we were asked as readers what we thought our impact would be if the "body of Christ functioned as it was intended" to function?

Missy also talks about how not everyone needs to adopt a child, however, we can all play a role.

That's what I'm talking about.

If all of us picked up the rope and pulled, we could move the world.  It takes SO much to do what these people have done (money, time, patience, understanding, compassion, love, support, etc.), and organizations such as the one described in the post are wonderful vehicle for organizing efforts to help.

Find your path to helping others.

No comments: